Free simple Web/Blog builder for website

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB 2.2 Intel Core Duo 2gb Ram - G5 Tower PPC - iPhone 4 - 2x3GHZ 12gb Ram MacPro Tower, ATV2
Hi

I have a website domain name, all paid and running.

I want to create a stand-in site while I save up to have something better.

So I want to have on the site some text and photos. Looking nice is important but nice can be SIMPLE as I will make it clear it's a temp site.

I was wondering if anyone had any apps they could suggest or advice for this? I don't mind if it's online or an app - but something that just lets me update with pictures and photos at least would be great.

Any and all help is much appreciated!

OP
newby
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB 2.2 Intel Core Duo 2gb Ram - G5 Tower PPC - iPhone 4 - 2x3GHZ 12gb Ram MacPro Tower, ATV2
I should ask, in addition, if WordPress is the best for this out there or are there better options?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Wordpress is pretty easy to set up and use. Also, if you have your own domain name, you can use it on the Wordpress site - I have a pointer set up for one of mine - and if you have a host already, you can download and install a private copy of the Wordpress software to use as your backend. I have tried that as well and it works great.

Oh, and I use the Wordpress App for my iPad to do my actual publishing. It is pretty slick.

OP
newby
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Deckyon. Thats really helpful stuff. I think what I'm going to look into is have a re-direct to start with while the site is under construction. So people type in the domain name but get forwarded to my WordPress site. Do you know how tricky this maybe?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.