Should I upgrade to the new Macbook Air

Reaction score
Basically I am trading in my 2009 13 inch Macbook Pro for the 2010 Macbook Air (havent decided on screen size). I love my macbook pro, but it is a bit big, heavy, and kind of outdated.

I am a person who brings his laptop everywhere, so portability is important.

I am primarily a web browser, and I really never do anything too involved with the computer. I do type papers a lot, being in school, however I never need to install large programs. I do download applications and other small programs, but nothing major.

What I am concerned about the most with the macbook air is the internet speed. Web browsing speed is important to me - can anyone let me know how fast the macbook air is as far as web browsing goes.

Considering my needs, do you feel it is a worthy upgrade from the 2009 macbook pro to the 2010 macbook air?

Reaction score
Of course a macbook air will be good for web browsing....

To be honest, what else is a macbook air for?, it's for users who do non processor/cpu intensive tasks. If your only concern is whether the internet speed will be fast enough, I can ensure you that it is not a concern whatsoever.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
How is your MBP outdated?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.