can't burn .avi or.mp4 to memorex dvd+r

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
Thats the short of it, I cannot burn .avi/.mp4 to a spindle of memorex dvd+r 16x 4.7gb 120min dvds i bought today at wal*ar*.

Heres the long of it, I just right/control click the .avi -1.24gb- or the .mp4 -738mb- and select burn '..file..' [which all play on my computer]. Then prompted to pop in a disc and then choose the burn speed. I have tried the different burn speed options 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x (max), and they all end up going through the burning process. They get through the percentage bar, and try to verify and sometimes it will get through most of the way to 100% or to 20% sometimes but always ends up with this message
Disk cant be verified.. blah blah.. may not be readable.. blah blah..error code 0x80020063.

The first one wouldn't work in my 360 or blu-ray, since nothing had changed after that run I didn't try those playback methods again.
My iMac will read the dvd once or twice out of 8 or so tries.

I guess i could buy another type of DVD, I can't imagine another brand would change my results. Should I buy dvd-r?

I researched movie converters (free ones) and as far as I can tell I will only get watermarks to go from avi to dvd formats if it is possible.

This is not the most important thing to me, but it would be nice if it could happen. What am I doing wrong?

Screen shot 2011-04-19 at 11.13.46 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Try the free app SimplyBurns and see if you have better luck with it. If not, I'd consider taking the discs back.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
Well dl'ed that and no luck, wouldn't verify.. again. Since wal**rt will accept a poopey diaper during returns I will go back tomorrow.

Anybody out there have luck burning avi at all via this method.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Well dl'ed that and no luck, wouldn't verify.. again. Since wal**** will accept a poopey diaper during returns I will go back tomorrow.

Anybody out there have luck burning avi at all via this method.

Not myself, but it "should" work, barring faulty hardware. I assume this is on the iMac i3 listed in your profile. If so, I'm skeptical that the problem would be your drive so soon (unless you use it a LOT). If you got el cheapo discs, it's likely those. Writeable CDs/DVDs just aren't all made the same, with some brands more prone to issues than others.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
It's the Memorex discs at fault. For whatever reason Mac's do not like them. There's a lot of people here who have tried with no luck, regardless of which burn method they use.
Stick to better quality discs like Verbatim, Imation, TDK, Sony, all of those are fine.
I can only think that the dye that Memorex use has something to do with it.
BTW, Watch you language here please.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
@kev, i typed it with the asterisks.. i guess my sarcasm was lost across the pond.
thank you all for the help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
@kev, i typed it with the asterisks.. i guess my sarcasm was lost across the pond.
thank you all for the help

Fair enough ***** ******** rules :D
Not lost on us, just you never know around here :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.