cant bootcamp on new 2011 iMac

Reaction score
Guy's
I have a 5 days old iMac that I am trying to boot camp but when I try I get this error message..........what can I do????
also I have spent the last 5 days installing programs and setting up my new iMac the way i want it and worry about re formatting the hard drive and loosing all of the last 5 days work.
I do have parallels set up on my iMac to be able to check my company mail using a smartbadge reader but it is not working so i am trying the bootcamp mode to see if I can get the smartbadge reader to work that way.
Any help would be much appreciated
Neil

Screen shot 2011-04-20 at 10.35.52 AM.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not sure I understand why you're getting that message on a new machine. You must have installed quite a bit of stuff already in order to have fragmentation (which is what that message is really saying).

You don't have enough contiguous space to create that 99 GB partition for Windows.

You can try reducing the size of the BC partition to see if that will work. If that doesn't work you may have to reinstall OS X and restore from Time Machine in order to line up enough contiguous space to create the BC partition.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.