Adobe Reader for Mac OS - please help!

Reaction score
Is the Adobe Acrobat reader for the Mac OS compatible with the Windows version? I have saved a document on my laptop as a PDF format, and need it to open on my iMac at home in order to print it out, as the printer only works with my Mac.
I have downloaded the latest versions of Adobe, and it just refuses to open my document - in fact it crashes every time. I know Mac has a PDF reader but changes the font and other minor but very important details, and it does not allow me to edit!
Does anyone know of a solution - either a way to make the Adobe reader compatible with the Windows version, or a way to edit the font, text size etc of documents using the Mac PDF? Any assistance would be very gratefully received!

Maximus

PS The OS I have on my iMac is Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
There is no "compatibility" issue between Adobe Reader on the different OS's. It is just that, a reader. It will not allow you to edit on either OS. Acrobat Professional is what allows a PDF to be edited.

It sounds like the PDF itself may also be corrupt.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
There is no "compatibility" issue...

Agreed. One of the great things about the Portable Document Format - is its....portability ;D

OP
M
Reaction score
If it is corrupt, surely it wouldn't work on the Windows OS? It opens fine with Windows

Maximus

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
How are you getting the file from Windows to Mac?

Regards

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Can you open it using Preview?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.