Beware of Ivyskin Smartcase and customer service

vmb

Reaction score
On April 1st I ordered an Ivyskin Smartcase. With an online coupon, I paid $64.99 and received the case a few days later.

Unfortunately, the iPhone does not support charging with this case (repeated "Charging is not supported with this accessory" messages). I called Ivyskin and was at first put on hold (after explaining the issue), then disconnected. When I called back, there was no answer. The next day, I got an email with an RMA# stating the return had to be postmarked within 3 days. I returned it using priority mail.

Today, I checked my account and was shocked to find that I had only been refunded 48.99. I called and was told that this was due to a "20% inventory reduction" fee for my return...even though the return was due to a product defect. There was apparently one person there as I was told to send them an email with my complaint and "someone" would look at it.

A couple things...first, they deducted roughly 25% on a product that is defective. Second, I had to pay for the return postage on that defective product.

Again, beware of this company.

photo.PNG

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.