Wireless keeps cutting out?

R

Redbull

Hi,

I am currently using a Speedtouch 550 router from my Dell desktop so my PB could connect to it via wireless. When I start up my computer again after using the internet without any problems, my airport cuts me out from connecting to my speedtouch. Does anybody know why?

It's driving me mad!!

I have to keep fiddling around with it, then randomly it connects back!. It used to automatically connect, and now it won't.

Argh!

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I have noticed something in the past about if you don't have your computer to connect automatically. I would have my iBook connect to my wireless signal automatically, and the signal would reach to the end of the house just fine. However, when I didn't have my iBook connect automatically, the wifi signal in the same location would pretty much be nonexistent. I could be paranoid about this, but it might be the case, not sure.

To auto join, Sys. Pref., Network, under "Show:" select AirPort, under "By default, join:" select Preferred networks, then select the wireless network, then press the plus button.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
When I got my Mini I had that problem until I got this advice to change the Wireless Roter Channel and change Security from WEP to WPA...

Everything is smooth, connected and full strenght signal.

OP
R

Redbull

Hi,

Thanks. Yes, it's a bit better now. Change it to prefered network and WPA. When I started up the machine, my airport regonised the wireless with full signal. But, the internet pages won't load unless I click it to ''Interfernce robustness'' which loads the page (It keeps returning to default settings everytime). Odd, I've never had to do that before, but now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.