MAC user accounts - different applications on each

Reaction score
I have a guest account and of course the admin account. If I delete an application off the user account, does it affect the admin account?

For instance, I use a third party application to sync my blackberry to my Mac Calendar and Contacts. But I want to use Blackberry desktop manager on the guest user account. In order to do so I would have to uninstall the 3rd party software from the Guest Account.

Would it affect the main admin applications?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you install the third party application for "all users" or just for the "guest account"?

OP
D
Reaction score
I don't remember if it ever asked. But if I am in the guest account and uninstall it, if i did do all users, then it would probably delete it from both users.

THe guest account has a different dock and some files on the desktop and tehy never change unless I do it. so wasn't sure if it was seen as "two seperate hard drives" with the shared space.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can log on to the guest account and uninstall it from there. If it was installed for "all users" it will show up when you switch back to the admin account. You may have to enter your admin password to uninstall it from the guest account.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.