Keychains

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
My sister (jokinly) ended up changing my password to trick me and then changed it back, except she spelt my password wrong when changing it back so that I can't log in anymore. So I ended up resetting the password to my main username account that and was able to log in. The only thing I can't figure it is now everytime I log onto Safari it asks for a password. I tried the password I normally use and it wouldn't work. I am able to hit cancel but it pops up every so often.

When I did reset my password I noticed there were more then just my icon there was a list that looked like this for example.

mikejohnson
Mike Johnson

I selected the 'Mike Johnson' one to change my login password, do I need to change the other one for Safari to stop asking me? Or is there something else wrong here?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Do the ,..

mikejohnson
Mike Johnson

...names show up in the /Users directory? If they do then that could be more trouble.

try opening up /Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access and deleting the enrties for Safari that don't reference websites.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.