Trackpad issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
I have my trackpad connected to my Macbook Air and paired. I have the most up to date software for Macbook and trackpad installed. The trackpad moves the mouse around but it just won't do any double clicks, or 3/4 finger gestures. I have them all enabled in the settings menu. I've re-started, removed it from the bluetooth menu and re-paired like 5 times.

UPDATE: works on my wife's MBP just fine

OP
Gary86
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
No one? Is there a third party app I can try? Already tried MagicPrefs with no luck.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Try unchecking them all in the trackpad preferences - log out and back in - then re-check them.

Still no work, try Repair Permissions.

OP
Gary86
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
I tried the unchecking all, logging out, restarting, logging back in...

How do I do repair permissions? Sorry, not very familiar with troubleshooting a Mac.

Also Bob, when I go to sys prefs-trackpad-bottom right corner-setup BT trackpad- it doesn't "see" it but it's connected?

Reaction score
Similar thing happened to me. Although it was on my integrated track pad on my mac

someone from apple told me to do this and what do you know it worked.

remove the battery and unplug the power cable. then hold down the power button for 5 seconds. turn it on and it should work.

Basically you're just releasing the flea power stored in the capacitors.

OP
Gary86
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
it was a bigger issue with my profile...went to apple and it worked on 5 computers in the store. So they did a "software repair lvl 1" and it fixed it...now I'm just doing back-ups from my time machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.