upgrade issue help please

Reaction score
I upgraded my macbook from osx 10.4 to 10.6 today and now when I use my GPS puck the program I use it in does not show any com ports. Im sure this is a setting somewhere but I have no idea how to find it. Please help I need this working for tomorrow. This device is connected via usb port and im also using a wireless card and both of them would show up and I would have to choose the gps one to use it. Now nothing shows up at all and the program has a get com ports button and when I use it it still shows nothing. help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

As such you cannot upgrade from Tiger to Snow Leopard, only from Leopard. Any chance you have done a clean install which involved formatting the hard drive and wiping it clean?Is the application still installed in the Applications folder? You may have to do another install of the software.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What Software is this? I hope it's not come compatibility issue with 10.6 and your GPS Software.

OP
I
Reaction score
To install I just inserted the disc and used the install option and it did the rest. I didnt do anything else. I did not format the hard drive. Do I just insert the disc again and install it again?

I dont think its a gps issue as the program now doesnt pick up any com ports at all. Even before I owned the gps it would pick up anything plugged into a usb port.

I dont see anything in the applications folder but im not sure I know what to look for.

OP
I
Reaction score
Im using weathertap.com Hd radar with gps and the gps is a BU-353

Thanks for trying to help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.