System restore without disk? [Macbook 10.6]

Reaction score
My Macbook has recently started becoming slow, and I want to do a system restore so it's as if it's brand new.
How can I do about so without having the original disks? Only disk I have is the 10.6 upgrade.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There is no reason to do a "system restore" if your MacBook has become slow. Windows users do system restores and reinstalls, it's not necessary for a Mac.

How much free hard drive space do you have left? And how many programs are you running at startup?

Download and run the free OnyX maintenance and clean up utility. Follow directions.

Reaction score
I need to repair my disk.....

Mac Book Pro 2.2 GHz, Snow Leopard 10.6

I need to repair my disk but I can't boot system from my install dvd due to failing dvd drive.

Can I copy or clone my install disk to and external firewire hard drive and then boot from that or from a mac mini.

If so, please give me the steps.

Please help, clients and projects on the line

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
16GB left.

The reason why your computer is slowing down is because the computer is looking where to put things on your hard drive. Free up some space on the hard drive and it should fix your issue. Too tell your largest files use Grand Perspective. Here is a link: GrandPerspective

It is a great little app that shows how much files take on your hard drive.

- Kyle

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
16GB left.

You don't need to reinstall OS X and I doubt OnyX will do much good either. What you need is a larger hard drive - afterward you can reinstall OS X and your apps on it. I think you'll see a great improvement in speed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.