PB not connection to GF's Ibook?

B

bastien

I have a 12" PB, My GF wants to transfer a movie from her 12" Ibook to my PB, I can see her computer on my finder, but mine doesn't show up on hers even if my file sharing is open, Is there something wrong? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
bastien said:
I have a 12" PB, My GF wants to transfer a movie from her 12" Ibook to my PB, I can see her computer on my finder, but mine doesn't show up on hers even if my file sharing is open, Is there something wrong? Thanks.
Have you tried mounting her iBook's HD from the Finder?
All you should need to do is double click on the icon and then enter a password for access.
Just make sure that both computers are set to share files.
Another option would be a Target mode with FireWire.

How to use FireWire Target Disk mode

OP
B

bastien

D3v1L80Y said:
Have you tried mounting her iBook's HD from the Finder?
All you should need to do is double click on the icon and then enter a password for access.
Just make sure that both computers are set to share files.
Another option would be a Target mode with FireWire.

How to use FireWire Target Disk mode

The HD from her computer doesn't show up in the finder, the only place it shows up is in the itunes, and my computer does not show up in her i tunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
bastien said:
The HD from her computer doesn't show up in the finder, ...
OK, but your first post read
bastien said:
I can see her computer on my finder, ....
Seeing it in iTunes only means that you have a shared music folder.

Still, if a music folder is being shared and appearing in iTunes, you should be able to see her computer in your Finde, then you can use the Network browser in the Finder.
You can also connect to a server by typing its address in the Connect To Server dialog. To do this:

Choose Go > "Connect to Server."
Type the network address for the server in the Server Address text box, then click Connect.

To add a computer or server to your Favorites list, click the Add (+) button.

If you have connected to the computer recently, you can choose it from the Recent Servers pop-up menu. If you have added a computer to the Favorites list, you can double-click it in the list.

Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your user name and password and select server volumes or shared folders.

OP
B

bastien

D3v1L80Y said:
OK, but your first post read

Seeing it in iTunes only means that you have a shared music folder.

Still, if a music folder is being shared and appearing in iTunes, you should be able to see her computer in your Finde, then you can use the Network browser in the Finder.
You can also connect to a server by typing its address in the Connect To Server dialog. To do this:

Choose Go > "Connect to Server."
Type the network address for the server in the Server Address text box, then click Connect.

To add a computer or server to your Favorites list, click the Add (+) button.

If you have connected to the computer recently, you can choose it from the Recent Servers pop-up menu. If you have added a computer to the Favorites list, you can double-click it in the list.

Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your user name and password and select server volumes or shared folders.

The two computers never connected, but how do you find the server address? We're going to try that, thanks for your help.

OP
B

bastien

never mind, we found it, thanks for putting up with us and for your help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.