High Ping in call of duty 4. HELP!

Reaction score
Recently just got a macbook pro 13, basic model. Ive been trying to play cod4 online but my ping is always around 180-220 which ive been told is high, i keep getting kicked, Im new to gaming on any computer and Idk what ping even means other than lag.. PLZ help, i have a good internet connection..When i go to speedtest.net I get a ping of 7ms, a download of 10.02 mbps and upload of 1.04 mbps, i have no problem playing ps3 w/out lag but my ps3 broke and i just wanna play cod! plz help!!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Thread moved to appropriate forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid '09 13" MBP 2.53 C2D, 8Gb RAM, 250 Gb HD, SL and Win7
Ping, as I understand it, refers to the time in milliseconds that it takes your computer to respond to a query from the server you are connecting to. This is affected primarily by network traffic and your distance from the server you connect to. Also the ping shown in the server browser is not your actual ping but an approximation based on your location. Your actual ping is not displayed. I too had a problem being kicked playing COD4 much like you describe. Try playing at a time when network traffic is low and see what result you get. If I am in error on any of these points I trust another member will be able to clarify.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.