iMac 27" Faulty Screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X Version 10.6.7
I bought an iMac late 2009 24" After about a couple of months, Black streaks or Grey were coming down the top right side. It was sent away,screen replaced. It happened again sent away,screen replaced and one or two other minor faults.
It happened again, so i asked an Amsys plc spokeswoman what should i do, she replied, we can replace the screen again,but i would contact Apple if i were you. I did!!! Apple did not even know about the fault, because Amsys plc is an Apple Retailer. It was that complicated an Apple spokesmen said we will get back to you in a couple of days. Apple spokesmen did! and it was somebody in authority. He apologised, and he offered me an upgrade to the 27" iMac and i said what was the problem with the other one, he said we have stopped making them. I agreed? but guess what! it happened again. The warranty was running out,so i contacted Apple Again. They were being awkward this time,and they bullied me into buying the Apple Care Plan, so i did. Early 2011 Screen was replaced again by Amsys plc. Again the screen has a a Grey streak coming from the top right hand side. Still Ongoing Biffo

Reaction score
I have no idea what the exact issue is because I am not that tech savvy. You said you bought applecare...I would go directly to apple, skip the middle man (Amsys pic) and either call apple or go to an apple store. Just my two cents.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi Biffo

I note you are from the UK. Ditto.

I totally agree with bentharbor; ditch the other and deal directly & exclusively with Apple.

You may have felt "bullied" in to buying Apple Care, but it pays off, it really does.

Stick with it and push Apple hard. They always come up trumps in my experience.

Ian

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X Version 10.6.7
Amsys plc is Apple`s experts. Apple contacted me and it would be picked up and sent to Amsys plc I have just received it back May 6th They have replaced the screen again,thats the fourth screen thats been fitted. Nothing to do with computers i have a 37" Panasonic HD TV. I have had the TV about 3yrs now, number of screens fitted Zoro. I rest my case
Biffo

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.