Home automation with a mac?

• Thread starter Biturbo V12 AMG
  • Start date
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
If you do this you are definitely going to want to set up Sailing Clicker so you can control your whole home from your PDA. I personally have never done it but it would be brilliant to have an automated house controlled from my computer, I went to a Samsung store in New York and they had a what looked like a tablet PC but it controlled everything in the store (lighting, window curtains, stereo system, even a fridge and microwave they had set up)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Benjamindaines said:
....I went to a Samsung store in New York and they had a what looked like a tablet PC but it controlled everything in the store (lighting, window curtains, stereo system, even a fridge and microwave they had set up)
Yeah, I never really saw the practicality in something like that. Sure, it is a pretty big cool factor thing...but really its just the epitome of laziness for most. I mean, when you can't open the curtains yourself, or get off your duff to change the stereo settings ...well, you had better be disabled or something. Otherwise you are just a lazy sod...hehe :black:

OP
S

sursuciofla

D3v1L80Y said:
Yeah, I never really saw the practicality in something like that. Sure, it is a pretty big cool factor thing...but really its just the epitome of laziness for most. I mean, when you can't open the curtains yourself, or get off your duff to change the stereo settings ...well, you had better be disabled or something. Otherwise you are just a lazy sod...hehe :black:

Agreed!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
Or put a chip inside you and set it to your liking...it play's your doors open/unlock, plays your favoire MP3, sets the mood with lighting...

Doesn't Bill Gates have it :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.