Dual 27" cinema displays with Aluminum macbook

Reaction score
ok guys so i found this mod where someone hooked up 2 24" cinema displays to his macbook pro

> MACBOOK PRO WITH DUAL 24″ APPLE CINEMA DISPLAYS!

but what i want to do is connect 2 27" displays to my macbook, I have a mini display port so there has go tot be a way, only problem is that the hardware he used only supports up to 2 24" in displays not 27" but that was in 08 so there has to be some new stuff out there, anyone know of anything like this being done? it would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
I'm running the 27 inch Cinema and a 25" Sony added to my 13" MBP. But, the 25" is being run at only 1920x1200 from a USB dock. This is a stop-gap measure until we have thunderbolt docks with support for multiple display ports, DVIs, EIDEs, etc.

Reaction score
Dual Monitor Help

I'm running the 27 inch Cinema and a 25" Sony added to my 13" MBP. But, the 25" is being run at only 1920x1200 from a USB dock. This is a stop-gap measure until we have thunderbolt docks with support for multiple display ports, DVIs, EIDEs, etc.

This is exactly what I'm trying to do but I have a new MBP, an i-Inc 27" monitor (has 2 hdmi inputs and a vga) and want to buy a 27" Apple Cinema Display and run them at the same time. wheelguy12, could you tell me your exact setup (what USB dock)? I've been looking for a solution for awhile and haven't found one.

Reaction score
Finding the right USB dock is indeed a challenge. Most don't go to 1200 lines, and those that do may not yet have reliable drivers or firmware for OSX 10.6+ 64 bit. I found 1 that does appear to do things correctly, though - this is the one I have been using and am very happy with it thus far...
Universal Docking Station with Video sd300v - K33930US - Kensington

If you get this one, be sure to download the latest Mac drivers from the chip maker - DisplayLink.

It's primary limitation is video rate. I can pump up the screen to 1920x1200, but can only watch youtube videos in a window at about 800x600. Of course, you can go full screen 800x600 and that works fine too.

By "do things correctly" I mean that it sleeps when I close the lid, and wakes when it should too without ever crashing the Mac or simply blank screening like I've seen many other users of other systems complain about. Let us know what your findings are.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.