GarageBand With Alesis USB mixer,..HELP!

Reaction score
hello, i have had a mbp for a few days now, and after messing around with garageband and stuff i decided to try out my usb mixer....

without the mixer plugged in sound plays through GB, when i plug in my mixer and change the input thingy, BAM nothing. :|

i've read about a zillion forum things, i've restarted a thousand times, all the system preferences stuff...

any ideas anyone?

cheers.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
if its a USB mixer, you need drivers. you should either have a CD with them on, or on the website of the company that makes the mixer.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
what happens when you hold option and click on the speaker icon in the menubar? does it appear there?

OP
T
Reaction score
yea man, it shows up and everything, even when i plug it in it says, do you wanna use this instead? so i say yea, click play and nothing comes through :(

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sure you have hooked it up right? if not, sounds like a faulty hardware problem.

OP
T
Reaction score
i recon you could be onto a winner there man, i tried the same set up on a windown laptop with cubase and the same mixer, worked fine for a day, then things went wrong :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.