Tethering an Android 2.1 with an iPad2

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a LG Ally that runs Android 2.1 and a brand new iPad2 Wi-Fi ONLY I just bought.

I would like to use my data plan on my Android phone to surf on the internet on my iPad2.

Is this possible? I heard of a an Android app called PDAnet but I am not sure I can use it to connect my Android 2.1 with the iPad2 via a DUN connection. Any clue?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sept. '07 white 13" MacBook 8,2 - 10.7.5
I use PDAnet to tether my Macbook through my Thunderbolt, and previously a Droid X. I don't know why it wouldn't work with an iPad. There is a trial version, so it won't cost anything to find out. There is also EasyTether and a new one I've heard of called Klink, both of which are cheaper than PDAnet, but I haven't used them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, MacMini, iPhone 4, iPod Touch, iPad 2, AppleTV Original and a beloved Apple //e
I use PDANet to tether my MBP to my Droid (original). Used it for well over a year now, works great, every time. Especially handy when our Comcraptastic Cable is out...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.