Performance difference with my MBP 15" 2010 and the new 2011 one(gaming?)

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 2.67 i7 2010 15" MPB(the higher end model)that I got last year. I use it for work and for college but I also like to play games on it.

I recently got an Apple newsletter as I noticed the huge performance boost of the newer models. I went to a review site and my specific model nearly doubled in benchmark scores with the newer model. That doesn't seem like something that would normally happen. It seems like a rarity thats just too good to ignore. And this summer with the semesters being over I probably will go back to full on gaming(probably Portal 2 and WoW for the summer).

My question to you is, since I can't go by the opinion of one site, what is the performance difference between the 2010 model I have and the newer 2011 one? Basically I am wondering if its worth it to sell it for several hundred dollars less than I payed for it and get the newer model now, or wait until 2012 to get the newest model then(if its going to be an even bigger difference in performance)?

Excuse my poor judgement if I'm wrong, I probably seem like a maniac for using this comp for a year and already wanting to get the newer model. Its just that a lot of sites are making it seem like my model is fodder compared to the newer ones, and if so I might not let this offer pass by.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.