Syncing Mac Book Pro - Iphone - Imac at work

Reaction score
Hi All,

At the moment I am using Mobile Me, but what can I say it just isn't for me. I find that i use it on the web interface a lot and it is very slow & buggy.

I was just wondering apart from gmail what other alternatives there are. I was to sync calendar/contacts/mail

I was looking at hotmail/live and i know this now offers exchange email etc for iphone inc push.

Question is does this sync with the built in calendar/contacts/ mail app on my mac book pro? I am unsure.

I have the new outlook but have noticed it does not sync with iphone (sigh)

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Em

C

chas_m

Learning to actually use MobileMe would probably be a lot faster and more rewarding than wasting time with other half-baked solutions. For starters: the web interface is intended to be for "away from home" use, not regular use.

MM is the best solution for what you are trying to do. If you could explain in more detail what specific issues you are having with it, we could probably help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 in MacBook Pro, anti glare screen and an iPhone 4
i'd also love some help with this...MM is NOT syncing my phone to my MacBook and it keeps insisting it "can't find my phone"

or my password is wrong

it's really a big pain in the rear end...glad i'm only on a freebie. i would never pay $99 a year for this

OP
E
Reaction score
Well i use mm mostly web based when i am not at home) at work 10 hours a day and find it dead slow and a lot of glitches.

I tried out yahoo as i have a crap account merely for newsletters etc. That worked ok and so did gmail.

Hotmail worked terrible on mac it was extremely slow.

Just after a easy and quick to use interface that offers emai/calendar/contact syncing via iphone & mac book pro & that i can also use web based at work.
Am open to suggestions :)

OP
E
Reaction score
Solved the problem myself, brought a domain via google and run it through google apps for free. get a decent email address (as my name not avail on gmail) and it runs and syncs perfect to iphone & mac pro :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.