Custom themes/desktops for iBook?

Reaction score
I know how to set desktop/appearance preferences per usual. My problem is the limited options that Apple provides. None of them meet my preferences.

After using PCs forever, I have gotten used to resetting my computer theme so that I can compose my Word documents with bright green text on a black background. This makes it easier on my eyes to write all day long. The normal white or light-colored background hurts my eyes after awhile. PCs and Microsoft Windows allowed me to do this, but it appears that Mac doesn't.

Is there some kind of aftermarket or other solution that would allow me to customize my theme/desktop/appearances, beyond the limited preset options offered on my iBook? I'm brand new to Macs, so I figured maybe there's some solution that's not apparent to me. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Check out MacThemes. http://macthemes.net/

Go to the forum section and check it out. There are icons, wallpapers, and themes.

- Kyle

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.