Connect iPod Touch to Macbook

Reaction score
Hi there,

So essentially, my situation is this. About a year ago, my headphone jack on my macbook pro gave out, and I haven't gotten it repaired. My option for right now at the airport is either to buy a pair of $180 dollar bluetooth headphones, or get a pair of usb headphones. I don't plan to pay that much for the headphones, and they don't sell the usb ones.

I own the ipod touch 4g, and since it has bluetooth, is there a way to link my ipod touch to my macbook and use my ipod as sound for my macbook? An example is if I was watching a movie on my macbook, but was able to receive the sound through my ipod touch.

Thanks

-Angry Pancreus

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Not to my knowledge, even on a PC. The limitation is your iPod Touch and the iOS. The bluetooth on it does not allow server-type connections through it. Jailbreak it, maybe. Maybe.

I know there are a lot less expensive BT headphones than $180, but in an airport, sounds like you will need to sync the music/movies to the Touch and watch them there.

Unless someone else know a clever workaround.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.