When Macbook pro 15" is connected to my HDTV screen, the picture quality is inferior!

Reaction score
Hello Apple community

I need urgent assistance! Yesterday I purchased a Griffin mini display port to HDMI adaptor cable thing. Once I plugged in my HDMI cable into it and into my Sony TV screen (KDL-32S2000) 32" screen, with goes up to 1080i, the picture quality on the screen becomes hideous! Pixels are visible, large black edges around the computer screen, picture quality a bit worse. Everything is just more fuzzy and un-pleasent.
I dont know what to do! I tried everything, i tried all the settings on system preferences- display, I seriously tried everything and I couldn't find the right resolution. What do I do? It says on my screen, 1355x768 resolution panel, but when I go into when I select something like 1440x900 or 1344x840 they dont look right. Please help needed, I did a lot of research and did not find a certain answer. Could it be the screen? Should I buy a new one?

please much help needed

Thanks Take care

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.