but i want to put in another 512mb which would give me 768 mb
- would this run and be recognised by the mac at 768 mb

any answers

kind regards

:) :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You are correct, you do not have to pair them RAM sticks.

OP
brendan67
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
D3v1L80Y said:
You are correct, you do not have to pair them RAM sticks.

hi

Thanks D3v1L80Y

thought that

regards :dive:

S

StealthMode

I have a question as well since I am planning on purchasing a new iMac in the next month or two. I have a stick of Kingston HyperX 3500 512mb, would it be ok to stick that in along with the base 512mb stick from apple? Or will I run into problems?
I know that my PC3500 will not obviously run at that speed, only the speed that bus is running at, I am just wondering about compatibility.

OP
brendan67
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
memory

StealthMode said:
I have a question as well since I am planning on purchasing a new iMac in the next month or two. I have a stick of Kingston HyperX 3500 512mb, would it be ok to stick that in along with the base 512mb stick from apple? Or will I run into problems?
I know that my PC3500 will not obviously run at that speed, only the speed that bus is running at, I am just wondering about compatibility.

hi
doesnt matter who makes the memory as long as it fits
the mac will read it and use it.
i,ve got 3rd party memory in my g5 imac and it runs perfectly
regards

:alien: :alien: :alien: :ninja: :ninja:

U

UncSki1218

Just mac sure that it fits in and is the same type. It doesnt need to be the same company or paired. The imac ram must be: 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) unbuffered.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
StealthMode said:
It should just clock down, so I would say it would be fine. Still, Macs can tend to be fussy with RAM that isn't the exact specs (for the iMac G5 its PC3200-DDR400) at times and on a rare occasion it would just not recognize it. The only real way to tell is to try it out in the iMac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.