No servers appearing on CoD4

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I downloaded Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare from the App Store last night for a whopping £30 only to find that there are no servers appearing for me to play on. This is the only reason I bought the game.

Running version 1.7.549
I have hit refresh hundreds of times, it is on, 'Internet'.
I have also updated Punkbuster through PBSetup and downloaded the Punkbuster files to my, 'PB' file. This is one of the fixes I found through extensive Googling, but that didn't work.
My Firewall if off, and I turned it on and gave CoD permission but still no servers.
I downloaded Gameranger so I could play on those servers but for some reason when I go to add Call of Duty the game is greyed out and I can't select it.
Tried reinstalling patch 1.7 for digital download but it came up with an error saying, 'Game not installed properly, reintall game' or something similar. I haven't got a clue how to reinstall a game downloaded from the App Store.

I have completely run out of options. I have contacted Aspyr support however I have heard that they are not helpful at all.

It really grinds my gears because this is an online FPS and there aren't any servers appearing.

Does anyone know of why this is happening even though I have exhausted every option I have found to resolve it?

Or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Another thing that I noticed is that when I'm told to update Punkbuster, I'm told to put certain files in the folder, 'pb/htm' but I don't seem to have that folder, I only have, 'PB'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

EDIT: It appears that there are servers up: http://vogon.vg/cod4m.txt so the problem must be on my end.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.