create workgroup on mac for network printer?

Reaction score
I recently bought an LG N1T1 to function among other things as a network printer unit enabling both my iMac and my hubbys pc to use the same printer without having to switch the printer cable between the two.

However, in the instructions manual from LG for mac users, they say that to do this, you need to choose "workgroup" as part of the printer setup. The problem is that I can find the place to choose this perfectly well, BUT it is an empty window with no options to choose between, and no way of updating or editing it.

My hubby suggests that this is because my imac when installed does not ask to become part of a work group. I reinstalled it yesterday, we still have the same problem.

I can access the LG device from my mac, and both upload and download files, so it's not a connection problem. My hubbys pc has no problem using the LG as a printer station, he can print all he likes. So it's not a problem with connection between the printer and the LG device either.

Do any of you have any ideas how we can make this work?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.