USB Ports

Kax

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.4GHz Core i5 10.7.3 4GB DDR3 RAM 500GB HDD
Hi,

Yesterday I plugged my 4GB flash I copied some files about 700mb; in the middle of the operation it stopped and said that the disk was not ejected probably, I plugged it again but the same thing happened; I plugged another flash same thing happened. I copied other files but it just kept doing the same thing I also plugged it in another Port and plugged 2 External HDDs and copied from on to another, in this case one was ejected (The one I copied to not from) and the other was plugged and mounted.

This is the first time having this issue. I want to go to an apple gunis bar but it is on a different city so I thought I would ask you if there is not solution I will call them :)

Thanks in advanced :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
It definitely sounds like a hardware problem, as if the port is losing power in the middle of your file transfer operations. Taking it to Apple, or a local authorized repair center, would be the best option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
How much is stored on the flash drive? Like Windows, if you want to empty the drive, move to the Trash, and empty whilst still attached to your computer. Removing things to the Trash does nothing unless emptied whilst attached.

OP
Kax

Kax

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.4GHz Core i5 10.7.3 4GB DDR3 RAM 500GB HDD
It is nearly empty I always empty trash when I delete files :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.