• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Adobe caves, adds support for Apple's HTTP Live Streaming standard

Reaction score
Adobe caves, adds support for Apple's HTTP Live Streaming standard

In a move that could help defuse ongoing tension between the two companies, Adobe has revealed plans to support streaming video on the iPad 2 by adding support for Apple's HTTP Live Streaming standard to its Flash Media Server product.

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif

Read more

Reaction score
If I read this correctly, does that mean once this new version is implemented all mac machines will be able to view flash-based videos?

I am getting ready to go back to Apple after a 15 year absence and this, along with the Blue Ray issue, was about the only thing giving me pause as I watch a lot of video online especially at youtube and Metcalfe.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Mac machines can already view all the flash content.
This is a work around for iOS so the iOS users can also view the content.

Reaction score
If I read this correctly, does that mean once this new version is implemented all mac machines will be able to view flash-based videos?

I am getting ready to go back to Apple after a 15 year absence and this, along with the Blue Ray issue, was about the only thing giving me pause as I watch a lot of video online especially at youtube and Metcalfe.

Cheers

If that's the reason you've not bought a mac then you e been sorely mistaken. Macs have been able to play flash since I can remember. This is iOS they're talking bout

Edit: oops looks like I'm the second one to say this

Reaction score
If that's the reason you've not bought a mac then you e been sorely mistaken. Macs have been able to play flash since I can remember.

Not the reason.... still saving up $$$ and waiting for the next IMAC release... but it was an issue that I had flagged and wondered how I would address. Glad to see that I am mistaken.

Thanks very much for the 2 corrections.

Cheers

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
You'll be waiting a while/forever for Blu Ray, Doesn't look like apple want to support it at all.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.