iMac mods ( Change the Video Memory )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 15" Macbook pro 2.2Gh Quad Core 8GB RAM and 2009 27" iMac 2.93Ghz ( Custom Mod ) Quad core and
Okay, I love to push the limits of every piece of computer equipment i own and so far my biggest project is a 2009 27" iMac already modded with a 2.93 i7 ( lynnfield ). Now I would like to change the video memory . I know everyone is going to say it's not possible But I love a good challenge and if their is any possibility I would love to hear the idea. I know it's integrated but if you can put it in i figure there must be some way to take it out lol :).

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Take a look at your model breakdown at iFixit: The free repair manual. I believe your machine uses a GPU daughter card which plugs into the logic board. However, I'm not sure if the VRAM is located on the daughter card. It would seem to make sense if it was.

Let us know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 27" iMac 2.8GHz i5, 4GB, 1TB HDD, 1GB Radeon HD 5750
Very interested so let us know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.