• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Getting Snow Leopard on Toshiba Satellite L650-1JU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Can anyone you help?

I have just made the switch from Windows to Mac, having purchased a MacBook Pro.

I have a 4 month old Toshiba Satellite laptop model L650-1JU.
Intel Core i3-370M 2.40GHz Processor
4Gb Ram DDR 3 1066MHz
500GB HD
ATI Mobilty Radeon Graphics HD5470
Conexant CX20671 Smart Audio HD
Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless LAN PCI-E NIC
Atheros AR8152 PCI-E Ethernet Controller

I'm just wondering if I would be able to put Snow Leopard on this laptop and if so how to do it step by step (sorry new to mac). I have read in different places on methods to do this on different laptops but doesn't go in depth about it.

I would like to get rid of Windows completely and just run Snow Leopard on my old laptop instead of it been a huge door stop.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Doing so would violate the EULA and as such, it is not open for discussion. Please note the following from the Community Guidelines:
Respect copyrights and the law.
Don’t discuss or conduct content theft or any other illegal activity. Period. We follow U.S. law on the forums, so just because something might be legal in your country doesn’t mean it will be allowed here. If you’re ever in doubt, contact one of the moderators before you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.