WinClone Error Cluster 9667058

Reaction score
So I am using Winclone for the second time on snowleopard and the first time with Windows 7. Can someone help me around this error?

Do I have to start windows over or can it still be recovered?

Code:
 69.63 percent completed
ERROR: Cluster 9667058 referenced twice!
You didn't shutdown your Windowsproperly?
return value of  "/Library/NTFSProgs/ntfsclone" --rescue -f -f -f -O "/dev/disk0s3"  /dev/disk1 1>&2 is 256

"/Library/NTFSProgs/ntfsclone" --rescue -f -f -f -O "/dev/disk0s3"  /dev/disk1 1>&2 did not complete successfully
cleaning up: Mounting Disk
Volume BOOTCAMP on /dev/disk0s3 mounted
Fri Apr 15 04:02:43 MST 2011

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What is it exactly that you're trying to do with WinClone? Are you trying to image the Windows partition or restoring it?

Also take note that WinClone is buggy and is no longer being developed. Use at your own risk. However, I believe there is still a WinClone user forum that's active so you may be able to find out more information there.

OP
S
Reaction score
I am trying to restore a Windows 7 img. Ran out of space and thought this would be expedient.
As I have read, I probably should've ran chkdsk before, but I think it is too late. I removed the partition and the winclone is giving me the previously stated error.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, understand. I'm just wagging it here, but from other experiences with WinClone, it looks like it's an overlapping cluster error which means the image is probably toast.

Can you recover your Windows 7 partition data from backup? Were you using the built in Windows 7 backup utility? If you have no other backup other than the WinClone image you may have to create a new partition and reinstall Windows 7.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.