Apple NIC?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just come back from a customers business where they have a mac desktop with dual network cards on the motherboard. For some reason these network cards do not show any connection when plugged in.

(I have tested the switch/network with new cables etc)

After some more testing on the mac i found the mac's ethernet port 1 randomly shows and connection for a few seconds and then again shows as disconnected.
I have come to the conclusion that the ethernet ports are broken/damaged and so have been asked to order a new NIC (Network Interface Card/Ethernet Card) for the mac (G5).

After looking inside the mac i found it has 3 spare full PCI-Express ports, x4, x8 and x4.

My question is, where can i find one of these cards to fit into the mac??

Also if anyone has any ideas please let me know! :)

Thanks

Ninja219384

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
Check out OS X PCI Ethernet Card Compatibility reports for reports on Mac compatible network cards. Looks like the most popular card is the Netgear GA311 card. About $23 from Amazon, but you might be able to find it cheaper online.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.