Hard drive space?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G3 pismo: OS X 10.1, 384Mb RAM, PowerPC G3, 10Gb HDD
Hi, Im running os x 10.1 and I was looking for somewhere that showed how much space is left on the Hard drive, whats using the space ect.. and just could find it. any help would be great thanks:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHz i5 MBP, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, NVIDIA Geforce GT 330m/16GB iPhone 4 in a brick sized otterbox.
Click the Apple and about this Mac->more info-> then select your HDD and it will tell you capacity and available space. Also you can open a new finder window and it will tell you at the bottom of the folder...at least that's how it is in 10.6, I'm a recent convert so I couldn't tell you how different 10.1 is compared to newer versions :( sorry if that doesn't help!

C

chas_m

Third-party programs like Grand Perspective et al can give you a graphical display of what's taking up room on your hard drive.

The amount of free space available on the disk is always available by looking at the bottom of any open Finder window. Be sure to keep the free space above 20GB for smooth operation.

Reaction score
Hi, Im running os x 10.1 and I was looking for somewhere that showed how much space is left on the Hard drive, whats using the space ect.. and just could find it. any help would be great thanks:)

Any of these free utilities will show you what is taking up all of your drive's space:

DiskInventory X (free)
Disk Inventory X
or
GrandPerspective (free)
GrandPerspective
or
OmniDiskSweeper (free)
OmniDiskSweeper - Products - The Omni Group

Are you having the problem where your hard disk is suddenly full and you don't know what it is that caused it to quickly fill up?

if so, see:
Out-Of-Control Cache or Log File.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.