I cannot see iphone in finder

Reaction score
I have just bought a MacBook pro 15 and I'm trying to get to know it.
However I have already discovered a problem - I cannot see the my Iphone 4 in Finder.
I have added the phone to Itunes and it works, but not in finder.
I have added ipod under settings..

What am I doing wrong ? please help

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Nothing. You don't manage your iPhone from Finder - everything is done through iTunes. The only way to get your iPhone to show up is to jailbreak it.

OP
V
Reaction score
Hello
Thank you very much, but then how do I get my music from the phone to the new Itunes library ?
If I syncronize, I only get the songs bought on the phone - not the rest ?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Reaction score
there is no authorized way to get anything synced from one computer/mac to another using the iPhone/iPod/etc. There are third party software solutions available, but I am not sure if we are allowed to talk about them on the forums.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
there is no authorized way to get anything synced from one computer/mac to another using the iPhone/iPod/etc. There are third party software solutions available, but I am not sure if we are allowed to talk about them on the forums.

Not a problem, when as in this case, the op is attempting to get their own music onto a new computer or maybe had a drive die and replaced it, etc.

I just have enough computers and backups, I've never had the need to transfer that stuff off one of my iDevices and so haven't kept track of the few apps most recommended for this.

There are plenty of posts here recommending apps, should be able to find a few using the search function here in the forum.

Is a problem when the an op is trying to move a "friend's" music (basically pirating) onto their computer. And prefer recommendations to be one of the "real legitimate" Mac developers apps, not one of those companies that has 10 different apps that all do the same thing essentially and whose primary advertising comes through spamming forums.

(Home Sharing is a great way to sync an iTunes library from one machine to another though.)

Reaction score
In that case, I used iPhone explorer to recover all of my wifes photos off her iPhone when her PC died a few weeks ago. It would work great for music too. All you have to do is start the program, explore the files, find your music and drag and drop.

Quick note, your files are going to be renamed and your mete data will not transfer, but you will still get all of your music back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.