uninstalling an app

C

ChrisAngus

Hi, I've just installed norton systemworks only to find it's not compatible with Tiger, I spoke to applecare a while ago and they said to uninstall an app i just drag it to the trash, so I did, now i get errors when i start up. I tried to find which files were left behind and what processes were running but I dont know what should and shouldn't be there, are there any utilities i can run to clean things up and what should i have done to uninstall it properly.

Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Norton actually has a uninstall app since it is installed and worked its way in there it can't be un-installed by simply dragging to the trash... put the norton cd in and run the unintsall software.

OP
C

ChrisAngus

Hi, thanks for the reply. I did use the norton uninstall but it threw up a load of errors so I just trashed the files. I think I got it cleaned up but wanted to check if anything got left behind.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
run a spotlight search... if when you start up norton gives you an errror it is not completely uninstalled, and then I would recomend that you reinstall norton then un-intstall it using the app provided.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.