Disk Warrior help

C

ChrisAngus

hi, I've got disk warrior 3.03 installed on my only drive, the startup drive. I've just found i need to use a different startup disk with the app on there so i can diagnose my original startup drive. I'm new to mac, just made the switch. is it possible to create a bootup cd with the disk warrior app included?

Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
ChrisAngus said:
hi, I've got disk warrior 3.03 installed on my only drive, the startup drive. I've just found i need to use a different startup disk with the app on there so i can diagnose my original startup drive. I'm new to mac, just made the switch. is it possible to create a bootup cd with the disk warrior app included?

Chris

DiskWarrior includes a boot CD that you can use as a start-up disk. Just insert your disk and restart the machine while holding down the "C" key.

OP
C

ChrisAngus

Hi, thanks for the reply but i haven't got the original disk, it's the download version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
From the Alsoft Support site:

The DiskWarrior 3.0.3 CD Update is a free updater that will allow you to create a new startup disk with the updated DiskWarrior application on it. If you cannot use the update (i.e. you do not have your original DiskWarrior 3 CD, a Macintosh computer running Mac OS X 10.2.1 or later, or a CD burner, etc.), you will need to purchase an update CD. For ordering information, please review the preceding paragraph.
Link to order update CD here

The updater will not update the version of Mac OS X on your CD. The CD created by the updater will start up the same Mac models as your original DiskWarrior 3.x CD. It will not be able to start up new Mac models that your current CD cannot start up. Please note that a DiskWarrior CD revision 37 updated with the DiskWarrior 3.0.3 CD Update is identical to a revision 38 CD and will start up the new Power Mac G5 models introduced on 04/27/2005 and the new iMac and eMac models introduced on 05/03/2005. To learn how to check your CD revision, click here.

We are experiencing very heavy traffic due to the update. Please expect slow download times. You may download the DiskWarrior 3.0.3 CD Update here.

OP
B

Badger

If you have a CD burner and Disk Copy or Toast you can try this: Take your system installer CD or or another disk that works as a startup disk, make an unlocked disk image of it. Install DiskWarrior onto the image. (Make sure the image stays small enough to burn to a CD. Trash stuff you don't need from the image if necessary.) Now burn the modified image to a CD. The new disk should be able to start the computer and then you can run DiskWarrior from it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.