HELP! I can't watch Netflix in Safari OR Firefox on my Mac!

Reaction score
I've had trouble watching anything on Netflix over the past few days.
I can access any and all sites through Safari and Firefox, including Netflix, but when I click on any title to begin streaming it instantly, the browser quits itself.

I've tried everything I can think of... uninstalling Silverlight, reinstalling Silverlight, uninstalling Firefox and updating it, changing the User Agent of Safari etc.

Nothing has worked!
Please! Someone help me!
All I want to do is watch Twin Peaks on Netflix but I fear I may just cancel my account : (

Thanks guys!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Moved to a more appropriate forum.

When your browser crashes, do you get any sort of error message?

Changing the user agent string won't help - it only identifies your browser when you visit a page and won't prevent anything from crashing your browser.

OP
X
Reaction score
I receive a message saying the browser quit unexpectedly due to an error with the coreclr plug-in

OP
X
Reaction score
Thanks, but I actually already found that article and attempted to uninstall and reinstall Silverlight to no avail.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Will keep looking and post if I find another fix.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
CoreCLR is indeed part of Silverlight (more information if you have a burning need to understanding more about it).

Some have suggested that you clear out the cache for your browser of choice. You might also want to consider checking the permissions on your disc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.