Fatal error? D=

Reaction score
So today after school I head upstairs and open my 2009 MacBook and turn on the power. Instead of attempting to start osx, it just goes into this cycle of beeping where it plays a tone for about 1/2-3/4 of a second, then rests for a second. As it does this, the light on the front flashes with the sound. WHY?!? It was working fine this morning, I closed it before I left, and just opened it when I got home to find it in this state. The screen remains off the entire time, the fan isn't on, and I may also note that it starts doing this as soon as I hit the power button, and it does not wait a second like it would if it were starting an os. I've powercycled it multiple times, but to no avail. What is going on and why? >_<

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
How many times does it beep before stopping?

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
It sounds like your RAM may be at play here.
You can try the AHT.
Intel-based Macs: Using Apple Hardware Test

Also, what you can do is take out one stick of RAM, and turn your MB on.
If it still happens, put that stick back in and take out the other and try again.

OP
S
Reaction score
Sorry guys, problem solved. My dad, being the GREAT GUY that he is, took the ram out of my computer instead of just taking the whole thing while I was at school. >_< So, yeah.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
lol, now that is sneaky.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.