Some web pages not loading correctly, help!

Reaction score
Hi,
I've been using my macbook core duo for over 4 years with few problems. In the past couple weeks it developed a new problem which seems to be software related but I can't solve it after searching many forums.

The problem:
Randomly, some web pages began loading in plain HTML without images. Maybe 10-25% of pages I load. I thought maybe it was a Chrome problem so I started using FireFox, but the same problem persisted. I thought it might be my home network, but it happens on any network I'm using my computer on. It's quite a nuisance and happens very randomly on different pages. One day I couldn't load Amazon correctly, the next day Engadget, the next day MacRumors. I might be able to load the page correctly 5 minutes later or a day later. I tried clearing the cache, removed all add-ons, and reinstalled both FireFox and Chrome.

I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.7

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
same problem

Hi, I'm having the same issues, all browsers -- Chrome, Firefox, Safari... Pages fail to load or load in basic html. Did you ever solve this?

I'm on a macbook pro, core duo, running snow leopard 10.6.8.

Reaction score
Okay, I fixed it!
I reconfigured the DNS as suggested by: DNS Tips: Establishing a DNS Server on Mac OS X Server 10.7 or 10.6 | HoffmanLabs
to the Google DNS. Instructions here: Google Public DNS

Other things I tried that did not work: Checking for viruses using Sophos and ClamXav - after screening all files, no files were found.

Repairing permissions also did not resolve this issue.

Weird, because why did the DNS configurations work before but then suddenly go bonkers? That's the mystery.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.