Mail vs Outlook 2011

Reaction score
Work wise i rely on an exchange server to get my work related mail. So far Outlook 2011 has been good to as i can receive my work and private mail on 1 page.

Does Mail allow the same? It seems as if the integration between Mail and the other Mac programes are much better than with Outlook 2011.

If Mail would provide the same it would definitely sway me to rather use Mail.

Regards

Kinnie

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum. Has nothing to do with running Windows on your Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
I believe Mail, iCal and Address Book (native apps) support Exchange, however you would have different apps for each piece and you lose the Tasks from Outlook 2011.

Personally (as someone who has seen Outlook since its infancy in the corporate environment) Outlook 2007 and newer (Windows Version) and Outlook 2011 (Mac Version) are both very good apps, and surprisingly stable. I use it on my MBP and my iPad and for S&G's on my iPod Touch (Gen1) and on my work-provided Blackberry Bold. That is a good bit of different hardware to keep sync'd up and Exchange does great.

What does Outlook not do or do wrong that makes you want to move to something else? Or is it just a general "don't like Microsoft" thing?

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks Deckyon.
I am new to Mac and one of the guidelines given on this forum was to try Mac before other software.

Coming from windows I was quite happy with MS Office. I have Outlook 2011 and quite happy with it.

How do you sync your Bold to Outlook 2011. I cannot get the Torch to sync (contacts).

Regards,

K

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.