Restore my mac as a single partition

Reaction score
I thought it was just a matter of going through bootcamp assistant to restore drive to a single partition. It says, the startup disk cannot be partitioned or restored to a single partition.

Any ideas......

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How are you doing it? The proper procedure is to use the BC assistant, select create partition, select restore. It should then give you a warning about everything on the BC partition will be erased.

Do you have more than two partitions on the drive? Another partition in addition to the BC partition?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That is interesting as I have only seen the reverse of your issue, making the partition in the first place, but never restoring the space.

OP
M
Reaction score
I just have my mac partition and bootcamp partition. I click apps, utilities then bootcamp assistant. I press continue. I have two options, download windows software or "I already have it". Whatever option I click it comes up telling me the startup disk cannot be partitioned or restored to a single partition.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.