iMAC back from repair but immediately failed

Reaction score
Ok,

Received iMAC back from repair yesterday, it was under 1st year warranty and had been playing for a couple of months up but eventually stopped booting. I was constantly repairing disk, telling me it needed to be shutdown all the time, apps crashing, etc, etc

They have apparently replaced the HD and I performed a Time Machine restore which completed without any hitches.

Machine was working fine, went out for a couple of hours and returned to a blank screen but unit was on. Keyboard and Mouse lights would not bring it out of suspected sleep so I had no alternative but to switch off.

On power up a bar appears and gets to about 10% and the unit switches off again, disk utility has given me the same error about it cannot repair so I'm back to square one where I suspect it's more than the HD

To say I'm miffed is an understatement

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Send it back and have them look at it again. Who knows you might end up with a new iMac if they can't figure it out.

OP
M
Reaction score

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.