Snow Leopard 10.6.4 file delete problem

Reaction score
I have a heap of files in shared/quodproc/Downloads which I did not put there but are from my PC which the Mac is replacing. So somehow I have imported them accidentally I guess.
My problem is that I cannot trash them because it says I don't have permission, even though I am the administrator. I can use them, just not trash them.
I have been searching for an answer but cannot find one.
Can someone help please. This is my first Mac experience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Without getting into detail as to why they are there, right click on them, get info, and change all the permissions to read write.
Also, if you are on 10.6.4, I think it's about time that you click >software update!

OP
E
Reaction score
Without getting into detail as to why they are there, right click on them, get info, and change all the permissions to read write.
Also, if you are on 10.6.4, I think it's about time that you click >software update!
Thanks 6string. I have this for 1 week and it is currently downloading updates.
I have found the problem. I was logged is as guest. GEEZ
Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Since I don't have any other computers on my network, I can't test this for you.
My question is, is your PC on the network when you are trying to delete these files?
If so, remove these files from the shared folder on your PC, and then turn your PC off, and see if they are still there, and if so, try a reboot.

OP
E
Reaction score
My Mac and PC share the same wireless network but the the folder these came from is "shared". I will do what you suggest and let you know.
Thanks

OP
E
Reaction score
AHAHAHA 6string you are a spot on.
The folder on the PC was shared, I unshared it and bingo, all gone.
So they were shortcuts to the PC, not files. Something to remember.
Thanks mate, you are a gem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hehe... it's always the things right under our noses that get past us.
Glad it worked :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.