iChat has disappeared

Reaction score
I've only had my macbook air for 3 weeks so this is probably a real dumb newbee question, but...iChat has disappeared. Not merely from the dock, but seemingly from the hard drive itself. I'm sure this is the result of something I did. Is there some way to reinstall iChat? I don't have the OS disks. Why doesn't Apple provide the software disks with the computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Because with the new Macbook Airs they supply a flash key instead which is a software reinstall drive.

Back up with time machine onto an external HD, reinstall your OS and then use time machine or migration assistant to restore all your user data.

Before you do that, check that it's not in your trash.
Also, go to spotlight (the magnifying glass in the top right corner of your screen) and type in iChat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Because with the new Macbook Airs they supply a flash key instead which is a software reinstall drive.

That is so sweet! I wish I had one of those flash drives. That would be extremely useful.

- Kyle

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.