Newbie needs help finding equivalent applications for mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Hello,

Over the years I've been more of a windows and ubuntu geek so i never bothered to switch to macs since i was pretty happy there. So i decided to try something new so i figured i'd venture into the mac world for a change.

Just bought my first macbook and am trying to get used to it before run back to windows begging them to take me back. So help me out here.

For now i will just start with the following:

putty - I love putty. it's always been a great too for me at work. I tried terminal and iterm but i need one that can automatically save my session output logs

mp3trackmaker - this is a little software i use to seperate lenghty mp3 tracks to smaller ones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
mp3trackmaker - this is a little software i use to seperate lenghty mp3 tracks to smaller ones.
Audacity(free) or Garageband(on your Mac) will do that for you.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. I downloaded audacity and trying it today.

Anything on putty?

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. Downloading Spakle now.

Another thing, in the mail application is there a way to configure it to automatically open up the next message when i delete a message from my mailbox?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.