Email issue

Reaction score
On my Cox email account on my iPad I have emails in the inbox that are as follows:
(No Sender) 12/31/69
(No Subject)
This message has no content

I can't delete them.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem. Same date, too. Started about a week ago with one such email. Now I have three of them. I can't delete them, either.

One other point: These "non messages" only show up on my iPhone. They don't appear anywhere in my mail programs on my MacBook or iMac machines.

Sure would like to get rid of them and stop them from continuing...any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Googled "no subject no message iPhone" and found this:

Option 1: Disable then re-enable Mail. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and tap the account in which the phantom messages are appearing. Slide Mail to “Off” then exit Settings and go to Mail; the messages should be gone. Now go back to Settings and turn Mail back on.

Option 2: Force quit Mail. Go to the home screen, then double-press the Home button to bring up the multitasking pane. Find the Mail app, then hold its icon until it begins to wiggle, then tap the small red circle in the upper-left corner of the icon to quit it. Relaunch Mail, and the messages should be gone.

Option 3: Turn off threading. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and turn off ”Organize by Thread.” This may prevent the phantom messages from appearing.

Gonna try it and see what happens.

2nd EDIT:

Okay, using Option 1 I was able to narrow the affected account down to the iCloud account. However, when the account was turned back on the messages returned so that was not a solution.

I turned off threading using Option 3 but I won't know for a while if this prevents the "no sender, no subject" messages from continuing.

I did a force quit of Mail using Option 2 and that did seem to get rid of the messages. Again, time will tell if the messages stay gone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.