iWork and Mac Spaces

Reaction score
I'm one of those users that upgraded my late 2009 13" MBP to 8gb of ram because I tend to have quite a few programs open and running at once. I've found the most efficient way of doing this for me is to use Expose and Spaces. However, when I try to open Pages or Numbers it will occasionally switch out of the Space that I'm currently in and move me to a different Space to open the program. It only seems to happen with iWork applications, though. While not a huge deal to use Expose to drag the app to the Space I tried to open it in, it is a little annoying. Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks

OP
C
Reaction score
I'm one of those users that upgraded my late 2009 13" MBP to 8gb of ram because I tend to have quite a few programs open and running at once. I've found the most efficient way of doing this for me is to use Expose and Spaces. However, when I try to open Pages or Numbers it will occasionally switch out of the Space that I'm currently in and move me to a different Space to open the program. It only seems to happen with iWork applications, though. While not a huge deal to use Expose to drag the app to the Space I tried to open it in, it is a little annoying. Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks

Nevermind - I figured it out. In my System Preferences under Expose and Spaces, I had "Pages" and two "Unknown Application" set to always open under Space #2. Not sure how that got set, but the problem is now fixed!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.