The Little Apple Logo in the URL address bar

R

RobDreugan

I have a website I'm trying to finally get up and finish. And just a little touch I was curious about was, I see lots of sites having a tiny picture just before the http:// in the address bar, much like this site does.

How does one do this?

Thanks

OP
T

thePurpleGiant

The easiest way to do this is to create a 16x16 pixel icon in Graphic Converter . It must have only 16 colours in it.

Then go to 'save' and save it as a "Windows Icon", which will give it the extension '.ico'

Call the file 'favicon.ico' and save it in the rott level of your hosting. That's it!

Note: there are other ways to do this, that was the simplest I believe.

OP
R

RobDreugan

Jeremy Burge said:
The easiest way to do this is to create a 16x16 pixel icon in Graphic Converter . It must have only 16 colours in it.

Then go to 'save' and save it as a "Windows Icon", which will give it the extension '.ico'

Call the file 'favicon.ico' and save it in the rott level of your hosting. That's it!

Note: there are other ways to do this, that was the simplest I believe.

Awesome. ya that was my biggest problem I didn't know what could create that kind of file. I'm gunna have to check that shortly.

Thx

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.