• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Priceline founder takes aim at Apple, more than 100 others in patent suit

Reaction score
Priceline founder takes aim at Apple, more than 100 others in patent suit

Apple joins other major technology companies including Microsoft, Google, Amazon and Facebook as defendants in a new lawsuit from Walker Digital, which founded the travel site Priceline.com.

pixel
p-8bUhLiluj0fAw.gif

Read more

Reaction score
Conspicuous that Walker Digital's representative there couldn't list a single item/technology/idea/concept that all those other companies had supposedly stole from them.

While we all know the stories of the innovations that all the defendant companies have - to put it as diplomatically as possible - "borrowed" from each-other, I see no evidence in that article that any of them have taken anything from Walker Digital (a company I'd not even heard of, aside from via its subsidiary Priceline.com, before reading that article).

I'm not buying it, not one little bit. I think they're just low on cash & trying to scare all those companies into making juicy settlements, but it won't work as I'm sure those companies did invent (or at least develop into something usable) what WD is claiming credit for...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I would love to see fundamental reform in the US legal system where the cost of the entire legal proceeding is charged to the idiot plaintiff when the case is dismissed for being ridiculous.

Would stop a lot of these frivolous lawsuits for sure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.